Build a strong foundation for Kingdom living from the Word of God with Bible and Theology core and a slate of elective courses that allow some personalization for cross-applying that foundation in a variety of subjects and disciplines. This program is designed to stand alone or to serve as a launch point into one of the bachelor’s degree programs.
Students who complete this degree program will be able to:
- Demonstrate core skills to engage and interpret the Bible accurately as the foundational source of truth for life and leadership.
- Understand the overarching themes of the Bible, its various literary types and the redemptive story it tells.
- Acquire a general knowledge and basic understanding of theology based upon the exegesis of biblical texts.
- Develop a philosophy and strategy of godly living that will guide him or her for a lifetime.
- Acquire knowledge and analytical skills to engage a variety of perspectives and experiences from a biblical worldview.
- Exchange information and ideas through writing, speech, and visual and digital media.
Total Program Hours: 60 Credit Hours
Bible Core (30 Credit Hours)
- BIB100 Principles of Bible Study
- BIB110 Bible Survey
- THE120 Foundations for Christian Living
- Select seven (7) additional courses — 21 credits — from our Bible & Theology offerings.
Arts & Sciences Core (15 Credit Hours)
- PHI110 Foundations of Worldviews
- ENC100 Fundamentals of Written Communication
- Select three (3) additional courses — 9 credits — from our Arts & Sciences offerings.
Free Electives (15 Credit Hours)
Select any five (5) courses from the catalog to broaden, focus, and/or strategically integrate your Biblical Studies skillset. Also consider selecting courses that meet requirements in our Bachelor Degree programs to maintain future flexibility.