Be ready to respond with love, hope, and physical aid, deploying in hard-to-reach areas. The International Crisis Response (A.S.) program is designed to prepare students to be among the first on the ground and touch people at their lowest.
Note: This is a specialized degree concentration was developed in partnership with Chazak Rescue to integrate deeply with their intensive multi-year training and deployment program. That program includes technical training and a range of experiential elements that extend well beyond this academic program. This degree program — and several of its courses (noted below with a *) — are only available to cadets enrolled in Chazak’s program.
Students who complete this degree program will be able to:
- Demonstrate core skills to engage and interpret the Bible accurately as the foundational source of truth for life and leadership.
- Exercise leadership that encourages and facilitates collaborative learning at all levels of the organization.
- Apply a solid understanding of crisis dynamics in cross-cultural contexts as a foundation for engaging people with situational relief and missional relationship.
- Develop a foundation of technical skills to safely assess and engage a range of crisis situations.
- Develop personal leadership, team, and planning skills as a foundation for mission-driven impact in dynamic crisis situations.
All courses are transferrable to the Bachelor of Science in Christian Leadership w/ International Crisis Response concentration.
Total Program Hours: 60 Credit Hours
- Program Check Sheet — AS Christian Leadership w/International Crisis Response Concentration (PDF)
Bible Core (15 Credit Hours)
- BIB100 Principles of Bible Study
- BIB110 Bible Survey
- THE120 Foundations for Christian Living
- BIB209 Ecclesiastes, Habakkuk & 1 John*
- BIB215 Acts & the Epistles*
Arts & Sciences Core (15 Credit Hours)
- ENC100 Fundamentals of Written Communication
- FIN131 Personal Finance
- GLS230 Cross-Cultural Studies*
- GLS240 Perspectives on the World Christian Movement*
- PEN255 Physical Fitness & Wellness*
Ministry Leadership Foundations (12 Credit Hours)
- LDR130 Leadership 1*
- LDR230 Leadership 2*
- MIN130 Building Christian Character*
- MIN230 Peacemaking & Spiritual Warfare*
Crisis Response Core (18 Credit Hours)
- ICR110 Crisis Intervention & First Response*
- ICR120 Basic Survival Skills*
- ICR130 International Travel & Living or ICR135 Integrated Security*
- ICR140 Search & Rescue I*
- ICR150 Emergency Management & Incident Command*
- ICR210 Disaster & War Zone Safety*