The Bachelor of Biblical Studies program delivers a strong biblical foundation applied your way. Loaded with Bible and Theology courses and a generous pool of Free Electives, this program is designed to work for you, whether designing a custom path or transferring credit in from another school.
Students who complete this degree program will be able to:
- Develop a biblical hermeneutic approach that engages the Scriptures as the authoritative power for life and practice.
- Apply exegetical skills to Scripture for a clear understanding of what the text says, what it means, and its implications for life.
- Articulate the contextual message of the whole of Scripture and the relation of each part to the whole.
- Communicate Scriptures formally or informally through preaching, teaching, discussion, or in writing, with a view to helping others hear, consider, and respond to its teachings and their implications.
- Acquire knowledge and analytical skills to engage a variety of perspectives and experiences from a biblical worldview.
- Assess and weigh moral and cultural beliefs and practices and their applications to ethical dilemmas.
- Systematically question and analyze problems, issues and beliefs.
- Venture beyond established patterns of thought in imaginative and creative ways.
- Exchange information and ideas through writing, speech, and visual and digital media.
Total Program Hours: 120 Credit Hours
Bible & Theology Core (30 Credit Hours)
- BIB100 Principles of Bible Study
- BIB110 Bible Survey
- THE120 Foundations for Christian Living
- THE201 Theology Survey
- Select seven (6) additional BIB and/or THE courses — 18 credits — from our Bible & Theology offerings.
Arts & Sciences Core (40 Credit Hours)
- ENC100 Fundamentals of Written Communication
- COM100 Speech Communication
- PHI110 Foundations of Worldviews
- GLS220 World Religions
- Humanities Elective — Select one 3-credit course from ANT, ARH, GLS, PHI.
- History Elective — Select one 3-credit course from HIS.
- Math/Science Elective — Select one 3-credit course from MAT or SCI.
- Select 6 or 7 additional courses — 19 credits — from our Arts & Sciences offerings.
Free Electives (51 Credit Hours)
Select remaining courses from the catalog to broaden, focus, and/or strategically integrate your Biblical Studies skillset. This flexibility also offers the opportunity to transfer focused (or broad) credits from other institutions while achieving the designed degree outcomes.