Be ready to respond with love, hope, and physical aid, deploying in hard-to-reach areas. The International Crisis Response (B.S.) program is designed to prepare students to be among the first on the ground and touch people at their lowest.
Note: This is a specialized degree concentration was developed in partnership with Chazak Rescue to integrate deeply with their intensive multi-year training and deployment program. That program includes technical training and a range of experiential elements that extend well beyond this academic program. This degree program — and several of its courses (noted below with a *) — are only available to cadets enrolled in Chazak’s program.
Students who complete this degree program will be able to:
- Develop a biblical hermeneutic approach that engages the Scriptures as the authoritative power for life and practice.
- Apply exegetical skills to Scripture for a clear understanding of what the text says, what it means, and its implications for life.
- Systematically question and analyze problems, issues and beliefs.
- Venture beyond established patterns of thought in imaginative and creative ways.
- Apply a solid understanding of crisis dynamics in cross-cultural contexts as a foundation for engaging people with situational relief and missional relationship.
- Develop a foundation of technical skills to safely assess and engage a range of crisis situations.
- Develop personal leadership, team, and planning skills as a foundation for mission-driven impact in dynamic crisis situations.
Total Program Hours: 120 Credit Hours
- Program Check Sheet — BS Christian Leadership w/International Crisis Relief (PDF)
Bible & Theology Core (30 Credit Hours)
- BIB100 Principles of Bible Study
- BIB110 Bible Survey
- THE120 Foundations for Christian Living
- THE201 Theology Survey
- THE235 Theology of Missions*
- BIB209 Ecclesiastes, Habakkuk & 1 John
- BIB215 Acts & the Epistles*
- BIB313 John
- BIB304 Samuel, Saul, David & Solomon*
- BIB323 James and 1 & 2 Peter*
- BIB307 Wisdom Literature*
Arts & Sciences Core (40 Credit Hours)
- ENC100 Fundamentals of Written Communication
- ENC210 Professional Writing & Presentation*
- GLS230 Cross-Cultural Studies*
- GLS240 Perspectives on the World Christian Movement*
- SOC130 Sociology of Groups*
- FIN131 Personal Finance
- PEN255 Physical Fitness & Wellness*
- COM245 Radio Communications Technology*
- PSY267 Psychology of Stress & Trauma*
- ICR220 Information Security*
- LDR330 Leadership 3 — Responsibility & Team Culture*
- ECO330 Economics & Statistics for International Humanitarian Aid*
- ANT430 Cultural Analysis of a Community*
Ministry Leadership Foundations (12 Credit Hours)
- LDR130 Leadership 1*
- LDR230 Leadership 2*
- MIN130 Building Christian Character*
- MIN230 Peacemaking & Spiritual Warfare*
Crisis Response Concentration (38 Credit Hours)
- ICR110 Crisis Intervention & First Response*
- ICR120 Basic Survival Skills*
- ICR130 International Travel & Living or ICR135 Integrated Security*
- ICR140 Search & Rescue I*
- ICR150 Emergency Management & Incident Command*
- ICR210 Disaster & War Zone Safety*
- ICR230 Disaster Response*
- ICR240 Advanced Search & Rescue*
- ICR250 Water Rescue & Flood Response*
- ICR330 Resource Management*
- ICR*** Directed Study: Specialization I*
- ICR*** Directed Study: Specialization II*
- MIN330 Spiritual Transformation in a Community*