The purpose of ACU’s BS Christian Leadership program is to develop the core character and capacity to lead an organization that is anchored to its mission, that mobilizes an effective organizational team and equips them to accomplish the mission for which the organization exists within an organizational infrastructure that is well-tuned to accomplish that mission.
The BS Christian Leadership program offers the opportunity to select a specialized concentration in Camp Ministry, Intercultural Ministry, or Youth Ministry.
Students who complete this degree program will be able to:
- Develop a biblical hermeneutic approach that engages the Scriptures as the authoritative power for life and practice.
- Apply exegetical skills to Scripture for a clear understanding of what the text says, what it means, and its implications for life.
- Systematically question and analyze problems, issues and beliefs.
- Venture beyond established patterns of thought in imaginative and creative ways.
- Exercise leadership that encourages and facilitates collaborative learning at all levels of the organization.
- Apply a solid understanding of organizations that creates and maintains a productive community of growth-oriented learners.
- Develop comprehensive strategies using skills in evaluation, adaptation, and integration of new and existing strategies for the efficient and effective pursuit of organizational goals.
- Recruit, develop, and mobilize staff and volunteers as effective teams.
Total Program Hours: 120 Credit Hours
Bible & Theology Core (30 Credit Hours)
- BIB100 Principles of Bible Study
- BIB110 Bible Survey
- THE120 Foundations for Christian Living
- THE201 Theology Survey
- Select seven (6) additional BIB and/or THE courses — 18 credits — from our Bible & Theology offerings.
Arts & Sciences Core (40 Credit Hours)
- ENC100 Fundamentals of Written Communication
- COM100 Speech Communication
- PHI110 Foundations of Worldviews
- GLS220 World Religions
- Humanities Elective — Select one 3-credit course from ANT, ARH, GLS, PHI.
- History Elective — Select one 3-credit course from HIS.
- Math/Science Elective — Select one 3-credit course from MAT or SCI.
- Select 6 or 7 additional courses — 19 credits — from our Arts & Sciences offerings.
Ministry Leadership Foundations (12 Credit Hours)
- LDR301 Foundations of Leadership
- MIN311 Personal Life of the Ministry Leader
- MIN312 Family Life of the Ministry Leader
- MIN320 Effective Bible Teaching
Professional Ministry Core (18 Credit Hours)
- MIN401 Dynamics of Discipleship
- MIN402 Introduction to Impact Ministry Leadership
- MIN403 Principles of Strategic Thinking
- MIN404 Developing Dynamic Teams
- MIN408 Organizational Communication
- Select one (1) additional course — 3 credits — from our LDR or MIN course offerings.
Ministry Concentration (12 Credit Hours)
- Camp & Recreation Ministry – Select four (4) CAM courses.
- Intercultural Ministry – Select four (4) courses from MIS and ANT.
- Youth Ministry – Select four (4) courses from YMN.
Free Electives (8 Credit Hours)
Select remaining courses from the catalog to broaden, focus, and/or strategically integrate your Christian Leadership skillset.