This collection of books that were written over thousands of years, by many authors, in a variety of places and cultures, in the midst of widely ranging historical contexts has been compiled and handed down generation after generation, claiming to be God’s revelation of who He is, who we are, what has been, and what is to come. This course is designed to help students see, in the many pieces, genres, times and places, the big story that it presents and to understand the relationship of the parts to the whole. From that understanding, the goal is to ignite in students a passion for exploring the life-giving truth in the story it tells.
- Christ from Beginning to End, Trent Hunter, ISBN: 978-0310536543
- The Essential Bible Companion, John H Walton, et al, ISBN: 978-0310266624
- The Unity of the Bible: Unfolding God’s Plan for Humanity, Daniel Fuller, ISBN: 978-0310234043
- How to Read the Bible as Literature, Leland Ryken, ISBN: 978-0310390213
- Words of Delight, A Literary Introduction to the Bible, Leland Ryken, ISBN: 978-0801077692