This course is designed to introduce the student to current experience-based learning theories, models, and tools. Students will interact with these theories, investigating, evaluating, and adapting them in order to develop skills for facilitating learning for a wide range of students in a variety of environments and experiences.
- Christian Outdoor Leadership: Theology, Theory, and Practice: How to use Time in the Wilderness and Backcountry Adventure Camping, Ashley Denton, ISBN: 978-0615413259
- Four-Dimensional Education: The Competencies Learners Need to Succeed, Charles Fadel, ISBN: 978-1518642562
- Research-Based Strategies to Ignite Student Learning: Insights from a Neurologist and Classroom Teacher, Judy Willis, ISBN: 978-1416603702
- The Experiential Educator: Principles and Practices of Experiential Learning, David and Alice Kolb, ISBN: 978-0998599908
- 147 Practical Tips for Using Experiential Learning, William Timpson, ISBN: 978-1891859922