The purpose of this program is to survey foundational skills for leveraging God’s Word in life and ministry, then add ministry leadership foundations and discipline-specific ministry application skills in Youth Ministry, Intercultural Ministry, or Camp Ministry. The applied ministry concentration a student selects will be named on the certificate.
Students who complete this degree program will be able to:
- Apply foundational Bible study skills to the examination of the Word resulting in a clear understanding of what the text says, what it means, and its implications for life.
- Develop a philosophy and strategy of godly living that will guide the student for a lifetime.
- Develop personal disciplines and rhythms for thriving and holistic spiritual formation.
- Teach the Word of God to others with confidence, creativity, and impact.
- Actively shepherd individuals toward God and mobilize them on mission.
- Develop ministry programming that delivers on an organization’s Gospel-driven mission.
- Nurture a thriving ministry team environment, as a teammate and as a leader.
- Strategically leverage a breadth of mission-driven leadership skills in a targeted ministry environment.
All courses are transferrable into the Bachelor of Science in Christian Leadership program.
Total Program Hours: 30 Credit Hours
Program Check Sheet — Applied Ministry Certificate (PDF)
Bible Core (6 Credit Hours)
- BIB100 Principles of Bible Study. An introduction to methods and tools for inductive study of biblical texts, through observation, interpretation, application, and implementation.
- THE120 Foundations for Christian Living. Develop a philosophy and strategy of godly living as a guide for a lifetime, including a Biblical worldview, ethics and patterns of behavior, Bible study, prayer, and making Biblically-informed choices.
Ministry Leadership Foundations (6 Credit Hours)
- MIN311 Personal Life of the Ministry Leader. Explore the core values that drive the healthy personal life that is foundational for effective ministry leadership.
- MIN320 Effective Bible Teaching. Study the methods and skills of teaching and learning as applied to Bible teaching.
Professional Ministry Core (9 Credit Hours)
- MIN401 Dynamics of Discipleship. The core of ministry leadership is shepherding individuals toward God, helping them grow in their faith, and mobilizing them as productive parts of the body of Christ.
- MIN403 Principles of Ministry Strategy. An in to practical competencies and skills for the effective development and use of a wide range of programming as tools for accomplishing biblical ministry objectives.
- MIN404 Developing Dynamic Teams. Apply group and team theory for recruiting, developing, mobilizing, and mending teams of employees and volunteers for maximum effectiveness.