This course is designed to develop the student’s understanding of what culture is and how communication occurs within it, and to increase sensitivity to and understanding of intercultural differences and similarities. This awareness will lead to more effective communication by helping the student build an effective approach to communicating in intercultural settings, including those where language barriers may exist. A focus will be placed on the many elements and processes involved in the sending and receiving of messages within intercultural contexts.
- Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind, Third Edition, Geerte Hofstede, ISBN: 978-0071664189
- Cross-Cultural Connections: Stepping Out and Fitting In…, Duane Elmer, ISBN: 978-0830823093
- Cultural Intelligence: Improving Your CQ to Engage…, David Livermore, ISBN: 978-0801035890
- When Cultures Collide, 3rd Edition: Leading Across Cultures, Richard Lewis, ISBN: 978-1904838029
- Global Dexterity: How to Adapt Your Behavior Across Cultures without Losing Yourself in the Process, Andy Molinsky, ISBN: 978-1422187272