This course is designed to acquaint the student with the fundamental issues of philosophy through the study of its basic terminology and concepts, as well as the philosophers, philosophical movements, and problems that have shaped the Western world. It also serves as an introduction to critical thinking and philosophical reflection. Time will be given to the philosophical development of a personal worldview, examining how various factors affect one’s views of the major academic disciplines and their application to contemporary issues and science.
- The Story of Philosophy, Will Durant, ISBN: 978-0671201593
- A History of Western Philosophy, Bertrand Russell, ISBN: 978-0671201586
- The Problems of Philosophy, Bertrand Russell, ISBN: 978-0195115529
- Christian Philosophy: A Systematic and Narrative Introduction, Craig G. Bartholomew, ISBN: 978-0801039119
- Prelude to Philosophy: An Introduction for Christians, Mark W. Foreman, ISBN: 978-0830839605