This course introduces critical thinking and practice it through inquiry, assessment, analysis, and evaluation of information, arguments, and problems. Attention will be given to source identification and validity as well as personal bias, cognition patterns, and logical reasoning. Students will apply skills in critical thinking personal and general situations that require making judgments, drawing conclusions, or determining risk.
- The Thinking Effect: Rethinking Thinking to Create Great Leaders and the New Value Worker, Michael Vaughan, ASIN B00EOL1P82
- Logic and the Way of Jesus: Thinking Critically and Christianly, Dr. Travis Dickinson, ISBN: 978-1535983273
- Critical Thinking, Logic & Problem Solving, Bigrocks Thinking, ISBN: 979-8363860713
- The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking Concepts and Tools, Richard Paul, Linda Elder, ISBN: 978-1538134948
- Introducing Logic and Critical Thinking: The Skills of Reasoning and the Virtues of Inquiry, T. Ryan Byerly, ISBN: 978-0801030819