This course is an introduction to the origin, nature, purpose, mission, polity, and ministry of the church. It explores the biblical and theological issues involved in the doctrine of the church with a particular focus on the practical preparation of students for effective ministry in local churches or parachurch ministry organizations, based on a biblical understanding of the local church.
- A New Testament Blueprint for the Church, John Moore, ISBN: 978-0802459015
- Nine Marks of a Healthy Church (3rd Edition), Mark Dever, ISBN: 978-1433539985
- Friends or Foes? Church and Parachurch, Jonathan Leeman, ISBN: 978-1546841333
- Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Christian in Community, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, ISBN: 978-0060608521
- The Master’s Plan for the Church, John F. MacArthur Jr., ISBN: 978-0802478412