The goal of this course is to help individuals develop ministries which will enable them to engage and influence urban environments with the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the coming decades. A secondary goal is to help students develop a plan to have an effective personal outreach ministry in their own urban contexts.
- Thriving in the City: A Guide to Sustainable Incarnational Ministry…, T. Aaron Smith, ISBN: 978-0692584729
- Neighborhood Mapping: How to Make Your Church Invaluable…, John Dr. Fruder, ISBN: 978-0802411341
- Mind the Gap: Reflections from Luke’s Gospel on the Divided City, Colin Smith, ISBN: 978-0692491744
- Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry…, Timothy Keller, ISBN: 978-0310494188
- Urban Ministry from Start to Finish: How to Develop and Maintain a Balanced and Life-Changing Urban Youth Ministry, Jeffrey Wallace, ISBN: 978-0764467691